The adventures that come with raising three boys and the honost feelings that come from missing our precious girl.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And then there were two

Evan left us this morning. The first day of being at school all day! He is repeating kindergarten this year, which is half day, and will spend the other half of his day in a class for kids with different special needs. He is thrilled and had no worries this morning.


He just walked onto the bus like he'd been doing it his whole life....no looking back! He could have at least humored me and pretended that he might miss me a little.

Now, I am trying to wrap my brain around only having two boys for the day. Only two bodies to cart around, only two mouths to feed at lunch, only two pairs of shoes to tie and only two little tornado's running all over the place being crazy. This is going to be weird! Jake and Colin sure will miss Evan during the day. Jake already told me this morning, "This is taking forever!", referring to Evan getting home. It might be a long day with only two! But aren't they cute:)


5 comments:

  1. How cute! I am so glad Evan loves school. How hard would it be if he cried and worried about it (that would mean Nana wouldn't be able to work at her desk, I would be down in his room all day which would mean I would probably lose my job!). I know Jake can't wait until he can be there all day too. Colin will definatly be lost then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a MAN! Oh my word.

    I hope Jakey is surviving the day at boring old home. :) The kids and I loved reading this post together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting day for Evan! He's getting soo big! When does Jake start preK? Breck doesn't start til after Labor Day...after we walked Kaicee yesterday, she asked, "When do I get to go?" Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you ALL day yesterday (And Evan, too, of course! :) ). Such a big boy! William doesn't start until after Labor day, so I'm still in denial. I'm going to stay that way as long as I can. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Similar situation going on here! Except I am down to 1 mouth to feed 3 days a week! Anna's in 2nd grade and Zane goes to preK Tues, Thurs and Fri where he eats his packed lunch. And...even better....Ty still takes a morning nap while Zane's at school! Will Jake be going to preschool at all?

    ReplyDelete