The adventures that come with raising three boys and the honost feelings that come from missing our precious girl.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Jacob's birthday party weekend



Jacob will be turning five on Wednesday, but we had his party's (two to be exact) this past weekend. The weekend started out a little iffy. (We can't make plans in this family without some type of hitch!) Jake had a fever for three days straight but, thankfully, it took a hike on Friday afternoon so we didn't have to cancel the festivities. We hosted our first "Friend Party" on Saturday afternoon. Five of Jacobs friends came and of course Evan too. It was lots of fun for the kiddo's and also reminded me why I stopped after 3 boys. We played a few "organized" games but I'm convinced that they all would have rather just wrestled the whole time. I think everyone had a good time and Jacob was happy as a lark to have all his buddies in one spot!











We also did a much smaller celebration at my mom and dad's on Sunday afternoon with family. Mom and dad host Sunday afternoon/evenings at their house almost every week (they are awesome like that) so it wasn't much different except we ate cupcakes and Jacob got to open more presents.


He was quite wore out by Sunday night. It was a busy weekend for just getting over a fever and it may have been a case of too much birthday.


I love this boy. I love his heart. I know God has big plans for him.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jacob! Looks like a fun weekend! I had 8 boys (between the ages of 3 and 6) plus Reed and a couple girls at my house Friday morning. Yeah, it was just a tad loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love how boys just fall asleep with whatever they happen to have in their hand at the time. Happy Birthday to Jacob!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend and who can believe Jacob is turning 5. I agree that God has great plans for this handsome little guy!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cupcakes and the loads of sprinkles!!! Such a handsome 5 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just catching up on some blogs. and i love the pics of him at the end with his soccer ball. dylan has really taken an interest into soccer too and its so cute! they are at a beautiful age. and i LOVED the pics of your baking day :) i sadly feel myself gaining weight just looking at them, lol.

    ReplyDelete