The adventures that come with raising three boys and the honost feelings that come from missing our precious girl.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Deals

I've done a few posts about the deals I get couponing but haven't for a while. I had a pretty good shopping trip this week and thought it would be fun to share. I did two transactions at Meijer and spent a total of $23.24. The fun part is that I got $72.45 worth of groceries! When I brought all the food in and told Matt the total, he asked me if I stole some of it! ( I didn't of course.) I used about $18 worth of coupons on top of store sales and scored some awesome bargains. I'll tell you about some of my favorites.

Select Kellogg's cereals were on sale for 5 for $10. Meijer had a promotion, buy 5 Kellogg's cereals and get a free gallon of milk. I had a coupon for $5 off any 4 Kellogg's cereals and a .75 cent off coupon for 1 box of cereal. That means I got 5 box's of cereal and a gallon of milk for $4.25! I am loving that deal!

Mueller's pasta was on sale 3 for $2 (.67 cents each). I had a coupon for $1 off 2. That means I got 2 box's of past for .34 cents (.17 cents each). That is some cheap pasta!

Tropicana Trop50 orange juice is $2.92 regular price. I had a $1 off 1 coupon, which I stacked on top of a $1.50 off 1 Meijer coupon. That means I got it for . 42 cents. Woo-hoo!

This makes me so happy. Weird? Maybe. Budget friendly? Oh, yeah! Hooray for extra grocery money in the envelope after shopping!

1 comment: