The adventures that come with raising three boys and the honost feelings that come from missing our precious girl.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

To eat an ice cream bar

My dad brought ice cream bars over one evening a couple weeks ago. The boys (and Matt and I) thought it was such a fun treat. It was funny to see the different styles of ice cream bar eating the boys had. Here is the recap with pictures. Evan took big bites all over his bar and ate very fast.



He was the first one done and had the most on his face:) Jacob took small and steady bites, starting at the top and working his way down. A very grown up approach.




He finished 2nd and was by far the cleanest with only a few sticky fingers. Colin is a rookie ice cream bar eater and needed the most coaching. He took tiny bites and sometimes only licked the chocolate coating. He took long breaks between bites resulting in a lot of melting.




He finished last and most of it ended up on his hand and later on the cement.



We all loved the ice cream treat and hope we get another try at perfecting our styles of eating them soon!

6 comments:

  1. I love this! So perfect how you documented each of them from start to finish. The last picture is the best with the drippy ice cream on cute little fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you found a way to tame the Blogger beast??? Hooray!

    Cute post and we had some very similar eating styles here with out ice cream bars. Ruby ended up dropping hers on the ground each time just to watch the cats come running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. priceless! now I want one. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that I found your blog! I love blogging friends. I follow Sarah's too and it makes me feel like I still know what is going on with long lost friends. Your children are darling. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jamie,

    Glad you found me and now I found you as well. I don't seem to have much time these days to keep up with the c17 site...so it's great to have a fellow blogger along with Christina.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jamie!

    I am so glad to find your blog! I lost your old one, so I feel like I haven't had a chance to keep up on you and your family...and I don't have Brad to relay anything anymore! :) He did mention the diagnosis for Evan. What a huge step that is to just "know". But he is still that sweet Evan! So glad to be able to keep up with you guys! We will have to plan a splash pad trip your way. :)

    Take care!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete