The adventures that come with raising three boys and the honost feelings that come from missing our precious girl.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tennessee

We took a little trip over the boys fall break.  It was our first time traveling with no diapers, no feeding schedules, no pack-n-play, and unfortunately no DVD player.  The boys did super for the long van ride and I give full credit to their lunch box's.  I got each of the boys a new lunch bag and filled it to the brim with goodies.  PB&J, pretzels, yogurt raisins, cheese stick, sliced turkey, fruit snacks, grapes, snack mix, almonds, water bottle, Capri sun, and a go-gurt! I gave them permission to eat whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. They thought it was so cool, it kept them happy the entire drive and we never had to buy them a meal!  I will be doing this for every road trip here on out.

My grandpa lives near the Hang-gliding capital of the world.  It was one of our first stops after visiting with grandpa.  The boys loved it and we were lucky enough to see a glider take off. 



We hadn't been down to see Grandpa since Colin was born so we were long overdue for a visit. When we asked the boys what they're favorite part of vacation was, Jake said, " Seeing Grandpa Clifford!" 



They also enjoyed the hotel pool, of course. We had it all to ourselves the whole time we were there. BONUS!


We went to Rock City and the boys were at the perfect age to enjoy it! That was definitely a highlight. We also got to go on a train ride at a train museum we visited.


If you ask me what I liked best, that's easy.  I don't even have to think about it.  Quality time with my four guys!


I love my life!







7 comments:

  1. I love reading about your beautiful little family! I'm so glad you had a great time! You are so smart with the lunch boxes! Two of mine would do well, but I have a feeling one of them would eat everything right away and then complain she was hungry later and want everyone else's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great trip, great memories indeed!

    What would it take for me to get one of those lunch bags filled up with food every day????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me even more excited to see you all on Thursday! Tell the boys that Uncle Landon is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that brings back some really good memories. I am so glad you guys went and I know dad and the rest of the family loved seeing all the great grandkids! Hopefully we can do this again next year and the rest of the family can go too!

    Love you guys!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics, Jamie! I didn't realize (or remember?) that you didn't have your DVD player! Thank goodness for those lunch boxes. If Matt draws Birch's name, it sounds like a lunchbox of snacks may be in order. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you come and visit me, I'll pack everyone their own lunch boxes!! :)
    See you soooon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want you to know that I am completely stealing the lunch box idea for our next trip! That is a great idea! :) I am always checking in on your blog to see how you guys are doing...slowly working on my but unwilling to post until I am caught up. :) Loved seeing your pictures of your trip.

    ReplyDelete